Tuesday, July 30, 2013

30 Minutes or Less Cards!

     Don't you just love receiving handmade cards. They can be so much fun to make or receive. I discovered that I enjoy making cards for special occasions for family and friends. Especially for the nieces and nephews. 

     Earlier this year, I attended Scrapbook & Cards Today's Crop & Create in Burnaby, BC.
While there, a group of us were discussing how to store scraps and what did we do with our scraps and a card maker told us after she's done making cards, she takes an additional few minutes and makes card bases from those scraps and stores them. Then when she needs to make a quick card, she just pulls out that base, adds embellishments and sentiments and viola! You have a card in just minutes.
 
     I thought this was a great idea, so in June while making cards for upcoming birthdays, I took all my left over scraps (including those from scrapbooking) and made a couple dozen card fronts. (I kinda got carried away trying out different colors and designs.)

 


So this month, I realized the day before my sister-in-law's birthday, that I hadn't made and mailed her birthday card, so I quickly went through the card fronts in the box and grabbed a very simple base front of blue & white with a simple pattern and attached it to a David Tutera 4.25 X 5.5 card base.

      I added a blue flower with green rhinestone leaves to the front, leaving enough room to add a Happy Birthday sentiment inked with Tahiti blue Powder Chalk Ink along the sides. (I trimmed the quote to fit the location) .
 
 
For the inside of the card, I inked another sentiment with the same color and attached it with brads, placed a back on the card due to the brads poking through and completed a birthday card in about 15 minutes. As you can see, it came out quite well. 

    So have a fun summer till we Craft Again!
 
     Hmmmm.... guess it is getting a little bit easier to write this blog.  
 
Aunt Dee

 





Products used: David Tutera 4.25 X 5.5 cards, Quick Quotes Vellum Sentiments, Quick Quotes Tahiti Blue Powder Chalk Ink, Reflections Green Rhinestone crystals, Doodlebug brads.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card!! This is another fantastic idea. Love the pearls with the rhinestones—wonderful contrast. Another beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete